CAMPING at 1 hour from RODEZ EN AVEYRON
Campsite Rodez with swimming pool
As a customer of our camping at 1h from Rodez, tenant of a mobile home or a pitch, you benefit from an access to the indoor swimming pool, composed of a main pool with large slides and a paddling pool with its slide made to measure for the toddlers.
Whether you spend your vacations in the summer or off-season, the pool at your campsite next to Rodez with swimming pool is covered and heated, the ideal place to swim with pleasure at any time of the year.
You will have the sensation of swimming in the very heart of nature in the covered pool lined with trees. The temperature is also perfect and the pool is very stable. And the bad weather is not a hindrance to swimming: sheltered, you can indulge in all your favorite water activities with your family or with your friends from the campground near Rodez.
Mobile home rental Rodez in Aveyron
To spend your vacations in a rental feeling at home, book a mobile home rental Aveyron in our open air hotel. Discover several models of accommodations ranging from 20 to 37 m² and can accommodate between 4 and 6 people.
Couple or small tribe, choose among a whole range of mobile-home rental near Rodez fully equipped for a comfortable stay: two to three bedrooms, living area, kitchenette including a full set of dishes, coffee maker, plates, fridge and microwave, independent WC and shower room (no sanitary facilities in the canvas bungalow). The rooms are equipped with double beds (140×190 cm) and single beds (80×190 cm) with blankets and pillows. Sheets and quilts are not provided. You can also opt for several other rentals such as a chalet, or one of the camping pitches in our family campsite to put your motorhome in the middle of nature during your caravanning vacations camping in the Gorges du Tarn.
You can rent a baby bed for an extra charge. The mobile homes of your campsite near Rodez have a spacious terrace equipped with garden furniture as an extension of your private space.
Top 5 activities of Rodez Tourism
- Stroll in the historic heart of Rodez, elected one of the most beautiful villages in France. A signposted tour allows you to visit Rodez center on foot and learn more about the history of the city. It leaves from the tourist office located at the Place de la Cité where you can take a map of the city.
- Dive into contemporary art at the Soulages Museum. Pierre Soulages is one of the great names in French contemporary art. His dark, soothing and mysterious work is presented in a superb modern building, awarded with an architecture prize in 2017.
- Go up to the bell tower of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Rodez. Gothic cathedral built between the 13th and 16th century, you can after visiting it climb from its bell tower to 87 meters high. A view of the city, the plateau of Lévezou and the Aubrac awaits the brave who will have climbed the 400 steps.
- Picnic at the edge of the Aveyron. Three beautiful markets take place every week in Rodez tourism: on Wednesday morning place du Bourg, on Friday afternoon place du Sacré-Coeur and on Saturday morning place du Bourg, place de la Cité and place Emma Calvé. The opportunity to organize a small picnic based on regional specialties on the banks of the Aveyron, at the site of Layoule for example.
- Discover the statue-menhirs of the Fenaille museum. Located in the Hôtel de Jouéry dating from the Middle Ages, this archaeology museum presents a collection of menhir statues, the most important in Europe.
For history lovers, we recommend a short visit of Villefranche de Rouerge. And for the more sporty, the region is full of lakes allowing the practice of canoeing and kayaking in a green setting.
If you are a tourist in Aveyron, you will have to visit Rodez. The best is to start with the tourist office located at the Place de la Cité. You will be able to get a map of the city which will allow you to follow the marked route. The city center is separated in two, the Bourg to the south and the Cité to the north. From the tourist office, go west to visit the Notre-Dame de Rodez cathedral and then a little further west the Episcopal Palace.
In the alleys of the city, you will pass in front of several houses dating from the Middle Ages such as the house of Guitard. Then cross the Foirail garden and you will be at the Soulages museum. Back to the east, stroll in the district of Les Embergues with its medieval houses and mansions.
Further south, the Bourg is dotted with 16th century houses with Renaissance style decor, including the Hôtel de Jouéry which houses the Fenaille museum and the Maison d'Armagnac. The Denys-Puech museum is less than 100 meters to the east. Close by is also the beautiful Saint-Amans church dating from the 17th century. Count 1h30 of strolls in the city center of Rodez, without counting the visit of the museums.
Activities and leisure activities in Rodez
City of history and art close to the wild nature of Aveyron, Rodez reserves good moments and many surprises for its visitors. The center of Rodez deserves that one lingers there: one passes in front of the cathedral Notre-Dame, the Episcopal palace and many medieval houses and mansions not far from your campsite at 66 km from Rodez. Art lovers will be delighted during their visit of Rodez with the superb Pierre Soulages museum but also the Fenaille museum and the Denys-Puech museum.
Numerous leisure and sport activities are available in Rodez and in the surroundings: golf at the Golf du Grand Rodez, horse riding, hiking, swimming at the Aquavallon, mountain biking, via-ferrata at the adventure park of Combelles... Located one hour drive east of our campsite Aveyron, Rodez is the cultural and artistic heart of the Aveyron. It is a remarkable town that is easy to explore and will delight families with children as well as groups of friends or solo travellers.