Canoeing in Aveyron : sites and rentals
You want to try your hand at the canoe Aveyron ?
You want to practice canoeing from the campsite Aveyron ? No problem, the region abounds in rivers and sites very diversified according to your desires and your level in the matter.
Only one rule, don't venture alone on the Aveyron's whitewater, always take advice from professionals who know their territory perfectly well. Follow the guide and enjoy the many river sports activities such as white water canoeing and kayaking, but you will need to know how to swim and paddle to be able to steer your boat safely with paddles.
Where to go canoeing in Aveyron?
The department of Aveyron is crossed by 4 big rivers : the Tarn, the Lot, the Aveyron and the Dourbie.
Their clear and white waters, flowing through wild and green landscapes of gorges, towns and typical villages, are an invitation to practice canoeing Aveyron.
But all these rivers do not offer the same type of hiking on water.
The Lot, the raspes du Tarn and the Aveyron are mostly rather calm and peaceful water courts for family descents, while the Gorges du Tarn, de la Dourbie and de l'Aveyron offer currents, rapids and slides reserved to the most experienced of the practice of canoë Aveyron and to the most daring for guaranteed thrills. Thus you will be able to practise various water activities along the water from a leisure base or on reservation with a hiking guide.
Canoe rentals in Aveyron
Here is a selection of the best spots to rent and practice the canoe Aveyron in the best conditions :
- The base of full nature in Najac, to discover the gorges of the Aveyron. Here, we will advise you according to your level and the navigation conditions of the day. Several formulas of canoe Najac : on the water, from 5 years old, canoe rental Aveyron for 7 € per hour, "small tour of Najac (2 hours) with or without an instructor from 15 €. Descent from Monteils to Najac or from Najac to Laguépie (4 hours) from 20 €.
- Avenga canoe-kayak, in Saint-Geniez-d'Olt to navigate on the Lot. You will be able to choose your formula on white or calm water, in canoe or kayak. The site offers an initiation session on the lake, level 1 and 2 difficulty courses for a quiet ride and for the more sporty, level 2 to 3 descents. Prices from 27 €.
- The office of the canoe guides in Sévérac d'Aveyron proposes descents of the Tarn gorges of Aveyron: initiation, fun descents or training courses with qualified instructors. You can treat yourself to a hike over several days. Prices can be seen on the official website.
- In Villefranche sport and nature, to practice in the canoe gorges of Aveyron go to Villefranche-de-Rouergue. Rent your Aveyron canoe or kayak for a 4 to 5 km trip in calm waters, but you can also choose the mill tour with slides at each dam price 14 € / person.
- The club "O paddle d'Olt" offers a 7 km descent on the Lot accessible to all. It is also possible to rent your canoë-kayak Aveyron by the hour from 10 € or by the half-day for 22 €. The little extra, possibility to reserve your picnic and hammock.